Selected publications and working papers
J1. Lim, S.F.W.T., Gao, F. and Tan, T.F. 2023. Channel changes choice: An empirical study about omnichannel demand sensitivity to fulfillment lead time. Management Science, forthcoming.
- Accepted for presentation at 2021 MSOM Service Management SIG Conference (10% acceptance rate)
J2. Lim, S.F.W.T., Wang, Q. and Webster, S. 2023. Do it right the first time: Vehicle routing with home delivery attempt predictors. Production and Operations Management, forthcoming.
J3. Lim, S.F.W.T., Richards, T.J., Rabinovich, E. and Choi, M. 2022. Scan based trading and bargaining equilibrium: A structural estimation of supply chain profit. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 24(4): 2328-2348.
- Finalist for Service Science Best Cluster Paper at 2019 Institute for Operations Research & Management Sciences (INFORMS) Annual Meeting
J4. Lim, S.F.W.T., Rabinovich, E., Park, S. and Hwang, M. 2021. Shopping activity at warehouse club stores and its competitive and network density implications. Production and Operations Management, 30(1): 28-46.
- Best Applications-oriented Paper at 2019 Annual European Decision Sciences Institute (EDSI) Conference
- Chris Voss Best Paper at 2018 EurOMA Conference
J5. Lim, S.F.W.T. and Srai, J.S. 2018. Examining the anatomy of last-mile distribution configuration in e-commerce omnichannel retailing: A supply network configuration approach. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 38(9): 1735-1764.
- 2018 IJOPM Highly Commended Paper [Runner-up for outstanding paper of the year]
- Harry Boer Best Student Paper at 2016 EurOMA Conference
- Editor’s cut (from 00:25:30): soundcloud.com
J6. Lim, S.F.W.T., Jin, X. and Srai, J.S. 2018. Consumer driven e-commerce: A literature review, design framework, and research agenda on last-mile logistics models. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 48(3): 308-322.
- Highly Commended Paper at 2015 International Symposium on Logistics
- Second most downloaded article in IJPDLM for 2018
- Featured in Operations, Logistics & Quality eJournal Collection 2021 by Emerald Publishing as “Highly Downloaded”
- More than 40,000 downloads since March 2018
Practitioner-Oriented Journal/Invited Monograph
P1. Lim, S.F.W.T. and Pyke, D. 2023. The 4th channel: Automatic home replenishments and its implications for supply chain cost and customer convenience. Management and Business Review, forthcoming.
P2. Lim, S.F.W.T. and Winkenbach, M. 2019. Configuring the last-mile in business-to-consumer e-retailing. California Management Review, 61(2): 132-154.
- 2018 Meritorious Paper, Industrial Logistics Category, by the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport
P3. Lim, S.F.W.T., Wang, L. and Srai, J.S. 2017. Wal-Mart’s omni-channel synergy. Supply Chain Management Review, September/October: 30-37.
P4. Lim, S.F.W.T., Rabinovich, E., Rogers, D.S. and Laseter, T.M. 2016. Last-mile supply network distribution in omnichannel retailing: A configuration-based typology. Foundations and Trends® in Technology, Information and Operations Management,10(1): 1-87. Prof. Charles Corbett (former Editor-in-chief).
- Available on Amazon
T1. Lim, S.F.W.T. and Van-Fossen, K. 2022. Run like clockwork: A balancing act between onboarding demand and capacity. The Case Centre. (Case reference: 622–0011–1; Teaching note reference: 622–0011–8)
- Supported by the 2020 Case Writing Scholarship, competitively awarded by The Case Centre
- Case spotlight feature in The Case Centre‘s June 2022 Issue of Connect
W1. Lim, S.F.W.T., Rabinovich, E., Lee, S. and Park, S. 2020. [Title removed to protect review process]. Under third-round review (after major revision) at Management Science.
- Accepted for presentation at 2022 MSOM Sustainable Operations SIG Conference
W2. Wang, T., Hu, K., Lim, S.F.W.T., Lim, Y.F. and Yu, Y. 2022. [Title removed to protect review process]. Under review at Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
- Best Student Paper at 2022 Decision Sciences Institute (DSI) Annual Conference
W3. Akturk, S., Chintapalli, P. and Lim, S.F.W.T. 2023. [Title removed to protect review process]. Under review at Management Science.
- All authors contributed equally.
W4. With Liang, Y., Lyu, G. and Teo, C.P. 2023. The operational impact of workload on last-mile delivery performance.
W5. With Park, S., Rabinovich, E. and Sousa, R. 2023. The economic benefits and operational costs of home delivery subscription programs.
W6. With Huang, J. and Akturk, S. 2023. The value of third-party delivery platforms.